ASUS Announces ROG Swift PG278Q Premium Gaming Monitor
Republic of Gamers (ROG) releases the ultimate 27-inch WQHD gaming monitor with exclusive gaming features, design touches, and NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology
Las Vegas, USA (6th January, 2014) — ASUS today announced the ROG Swift PG278Q 27-inch gaming monitor. The Swift PG278Q features a WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution, fast 120+ Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time and a full range of ergonomic adjustments. It also features ASUS GamePlus and NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technologies that are designed to deliver the ultimate gaming experience.
Experience Immersive Gaming and Outstanding Visuals
Say goodbye to motion blur and lag with 120+ Hz refresh rate and 1ms response times for a competitive advantage in all your games, thanks to smoother gameplay and on-screen responsiveness. The ROG Swift PG278Q also features GamePlus, an exclusive ASUS feature.
GamePlus is an OSD overlay that enables crosshair and timer functions to be displayed on the monitor. Gamers can select from four different crosshair types to suit the gaming environment, while the timer function allows players to track elapsed time in real-time strategy games. These tools allow gamers to practice and improve their gaming skills.
The ROG Swift PG278Q provides an array of options that include DisplayPort 1.2 for native WQHD output, dual USB 3.0 ports, VESA wall mount capability and a versatile stand with full tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustment for an ideal viewing position while playing the latest game titles.
The smart cable management feature rids your desktop of tangled wires, while the super narrow 6mm bezel ensures the ROG Swift PG278Q is an ideal choice for seamless multi-display gaming setups. Another nod to gamers and improving the user experience is a 5-way joystick that allows the user to easily navigate the OSD and make quick monitor adjustments.
The World’s First and Fastest WQHD Monitor powered by NVIDIA G-SYNC™
The ROG Swift PG278Q is also the world’s first WQHD monitor powered by NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ technology. NVIDIA® G-SYNC™, a breakthrough in display technology, synchronizes the display’s refresh rates to the GPU. The ROG Swift PG278Q eliminates screen tearing, minimizes stutter and input lag to deliver the smoothest gaming experience possible. With G-SYNC™ technology objects look sharper and more vibrant, while gameplay is more fluid and responsive.
ROG Swift PG278Q
• Display: 27-inch WQHD 2560 × 1440 (16:9)
• Narrow 6mm bezel designed for multi-monitor setups
• Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm
• Brightness: 350cd/m²
• Display Colors: 16.7M
• Refresh Rate: Over 120 Hz
• Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
• Connectivity: 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 2 x USB 3.0 ports
• Stand Adjustments: tilt (+20° ~ -5°), swivel (+60° ~ -60°), pivot (90° clockwise), height adjustment (0 ~ 120mm)
• VESA-wall mountable (100 × 100mm)
• Special ASUS Features: GamePlus and 5-way joystick OSD navigation
1Specifications and product availability are all subject to change without notice and may differ from country to country. Actual performance may vary depending on applications, usage, environment and other factors.
ASUS is a worldwide top-three consumer notebook vendor and maker of the world’s best-selling, most award-winning, motherboards. A leading enterprise in the new digital era, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today’s digital home and office, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktop and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, servers, multimedia devices, wireless solutions, networking devices, tablets and smartphones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 4,168 awards in 2012 and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with its Eee PC™. ASUS has more than 12,500 employees around the globe with a world-class R&D team of 3,800 engineers. Company revenue for 2012 was approximately US$14 billion.
- Reviewed: ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q monitor
- Choose your destiny with MSI Z170 GAMING motherboards
- MSI Shows Off Its Eye-catching Gaming Hardware
- EA Announces The SIMS 4 Get To Work
- HyperX Sets DDR4 Overclocking World Record at 4351MHz
- Noctua presents three new 92mm premium coolers
- MSI launches 5 new mighty X99 motherboards loaded with impressive features
- ASUS Enables Intel Processor Overclocking on H97, H87, B85 and H81 Series Motherboards
- ASUS Announces Strix R9 280 and Strix GTX 780
- ASUS Announces Strix Brand and Strix Pro Gaming Headset